A romantic getaway has to be exciting, exhilarating, phenomenal, passionate. Honeymoon phase is all this and much more. It is the most magical part of your marriage and why not, the truly-madly-deeply head-over-heels fallen in love couples look forward to this holiday getaway with more anticipation than the wedding itself. The big fat Indian Wedding is finally over and after all the logistics, stress and financial management, it’s time for some postnuptial bliss. It’s the start of your life together and you definitely want it to be the most amazing getaway of your life, memories of which will be etched forever in your hearts. Love is in the air and can’t-keep-my-eyes-and-hands-off-you phase is keeping you busy. So, we thought of helping you with the most romantic honeymoon destinations which won’t burn a hole in your pocket. Be it best places to visit near Delhi or offbeat getaways far away, it isn’t difficult to decide.
Pin any of these on your Honeymoon chart right now and have a memorable getaway.
1. Shimla: Surrounded by breath-taking views of deodar forests, mountains and colonial architecture, Shimla never fails to fascinate. White snow, Victorian charm and splendid surroundings seem to come straight out of a romantic novel. It is easily the most popular getaway as well as honeymoon destination in Northern India. Also, one of the best places to visit near Delhi!
2. Kullu-Manali: Cuddle up in the warmth of fireplace, enjoy the beauty of enchanting mountains, feel the adrenalin rush with adventure activities and take the blessings at religious shrines. Kullu Manali, a wonderful getaway and one of the most frequented holiday destinations near Delhi, offers everything that a newlywed wishes for. Go for paragliding, kayaking, hiking etc. if you are adventurous or just romance the hills in one of the most sought after honeymoon destinations.
3. Khajuraho: What better place for honeymoon than where every stone and corner speaks volumes about love and intimacy. Passion and love gets fused together at this romantic destination in Madhya Pradesh. MP is one of the most popular holiday destinations near Delhi, for it is filled with marvellous architecture, World Heritage temples and incredible art. You may plan a long honeymoon trip with stays at Kanha National Park and Bandhavgarh National Park located nearby.
4. Dhanaulti near Mussoorie: Rest and relaxation captures the mind, the moment wedding celebrations get over. You will get enough of that in picturesque surroundings with clouds and hills as company in this weekend getaway from Delhi. Fill your holiday with love and romance while knowing each other on the long walks in wilderness.
5. Srinagar: No place can be as good as the ‘’Paradise’’ itself to go for your honeymoon. For a honeymoon that’s really special, Srinagar not only fits the bill, but is also one of the best places to visit near Delhi. The icon of perfect holiday destination, Srinagar will take your breath away with its postcard-perfect beauty. Make your beloved feel like a queen in the shikara at Dal Lake and let your racing heart calm a little in the stunning gardens.
6. Jodhpur: From palaces to Polo; from vast deserts to fancy wheels, the ‘’Blue City’’ doesn’t disappoint. Jodhpur is one of the holiday destinations near Delhi which is extremely gripping due to its eternal aura. Explore the charm of Jodhpur which merges energy of a big city with laid-back attitude of a small town. Not to forget that you can shop to your heart’s fill.
7. Udaipur: ‘’Venice of East’’ or ‘’City of Lakes’’ as Udaipur is popularly known as will captivate you with its beautiful lakes, temples and palaces. Pack your bags and escape to one of the most romantic cities in India to make your honeymoon special. The mesmerising sunsets, cosy boat rides are perfect romance accompaniments. And, Udaipur is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit near Delhi.
8. Nainital: Another honeymooner’s favourite since ages, the glistening lakes and lofty mountains make for a perfect place to create everlasting memories. It usually tops the list of best places to visit near Delhi.
Some of the holiday destinations near Delhi are pocket friendly and quite refreshing. If you wish to drive down to any of the above destinations, make sure you start early in the morning. You won’t be exhausted.
9. Munnar: A perfectly brewed cup of tea while soaking in the exquisite views of tea gardens! Ahh, nothing can be more romantic than this. The journey to the destination will be as beautiful, with tea gardens, carpeted mountains, curvy roads and lush forests giving you the perfect romantic backdrop. From homestays to tea bungalows, take your pick and redefine love in the God’s Own Country.
10. Alleppey: Let the silent backwater do all the talking, while you relax in the cozy houseboats with your loved one. You will definitely have a quaint getaway.
11. Pondicherry: Add French flavour to your romance with the chic n serene environs of Pondicherry. Sexy beaches, bohemian culture n good food, Pondicherry has everything to make your love grow stronger.
12. Ooty: Ooty is a dream getaway with vast expanses of tea gardens and dreamy clouds, a perfect place to share your dreams and peep into future while romancing each other.
13. Coorg: Culture, coffee plantations, scintillating hills and waterfalls; do you need more reasons to go to Coorg for your romantic sojourn. You won’t get enough of the beauty and each other in this ‘’Scotland of India’’.
14. Darjeeling: From the old world charm of Toy Train to beautiful sunset from tiger Hill, you got it all to stay cosy and cuddled up in Darjeeling.
15. Tawang: You will feel yourself in clouds in this picturesque place. Seek the divine blessings in one of the highest monasteries or go trekking to get that rush, this place has a lot to offer. The scenic road trip to this place will make it more romantic and memorable in the company of your partner.
16. Shillong: Breath-taking waterfalls, charm of colonial-era, dreamy scenery, what else do you need to celebrate your first post-nuptial holiday. Perfect romantic getaway and honeymoon destination for new love birds, this place will give a new meaning to your romance.
17. Gangtok: Buddhist monasteries, temples, shopping, hills, lakes, Gangtok can be perfect start to a honeymoon which will be better when wrapped-up with a scenic road trip. Perfect getaway to snuggle in each other’s warmth.
18. Goa: Sun, sand and sea, Goa offers everything to make your moments filled with love and romance. Breath-taking shore fronts to delicious cuisines to adventure activities, there is everything under the sun that you need for a perfect Honeymoon getaway. Surprise your partner with a cosy dinner on the beach at night and feel the love grow in the most romantic setting.
19. Khandala-Lonavala: Apart from being an excellent weekend getaway from Mumbai, Khandala offers the perfect refuge from big city and beautiful setting for spending quality time together. If you want exhilarating landscapes of Western Ghats, forts and solitude as your company, then this is the place for you and your partner.
20. Rann of Kutch: For a truly enchanting experience like never before, Rann of Kutch should be your honeymoon getaway. The unending expanse of white desert on a moonlit night is a sight to behold. Culture, tradition, beauty, music and dance, everything merges to give you a lifetime experience.
21. Mahabaleshwar: Enjoy your best moments together in a romantic boat ride at Venna Lake or watching the magnificent Western Ghats at Needle Point. The stunning natural beauty all-round the year makes for a relaxing and rejuvenating honeymoon getaway.