When was the last time you held his hand and went for a long walk or the last time you spent some time talking to each other. Sure, you are living together, but the spark goes missing if you do not rekindle the romance from time to time. But the daily dose of family, kids and work commitments leave us with little time for ourselves. For me, this is when a long due trip comes to rescue. Being married for two years, I have realized it that there is no better way to rediscover your relationship than going on a vacation, even if it means a quick weekend getaway to a resort. Escaping from the mundane routine and exploring a new place or going on a road trip together is a perfect way to bring the romantic track back in your life.
Let travel therapy recharge your romance in the following ways
- Weekend Getaway to an Unknown Destination – Surprise your partner by booking a room or suite at a beautiful homestay or resort amidst nature. Sometimes, all you need is some time away from home and going off-the-grid. Just the two of you alone at a place is enough to bring your love life back on track. If you have kids, leaving them with their grandparents is a good idea to spend some quality time with each other.
- Go for an Adventurous Activity – If you both have a common passion or even a slight inclination towards biking, hiking or trekking, then just pack your bags and go for it. Both of you will have loads of moments of fun, thrill, shock and laughter to talk about, when you go on an adventurous trip. Go rafting in Rishikesh or skiing in Auli, pursue your passion at the nearby weekend destinations and get that much needed adrenaline rush.
- Detox with a Spa – Even the mention of spa starts bringing relaxation to tired souls. Going for a couple spa in a resort nearby will invigorate and rejuvenate both of you. Nothing is more romantic or revitalizing for a city-life-stressed-out couple than a couple spa. Corbett and Rishikesh have some of the best resorts and spa near Delhi, where you may go for some quality time together.
- No Hectic Itinerary: It’s best not to have a stuffed itinerary; else you will just end up visiting places and no time for each other. Relax, enjoy and indulge in a romantic tete-a-tete. A romantic dinner by the beach side or watching a sunset together will give you the perfect setting to revive the lost romance in your life.
- Say Goodbye to Connectivity: Aren’t we closer to our smartphones than our partners these days. I know the answer is yes and that’s why it’s important to de-connect with your phone and laptop to reconnect with your partner. Book a room in a remote valley of Uttarakhand and spend some precious moments talking to each other. You will realize what was missing in your relationship. Talking and dreaming together is what makes you a couple rather than mere roommates.
A mountain hideaway, a cosy bed and breakfast or a luxurious resort and spa, take your pick right now and get going with your loved one.