Holidays are the most awaited time of the year and with this the question arises – “How to stay in shape while travelling?” Holidays are a product of months of planning: searching for the perfect destination, booking flights/trains/bus and packing sufficiently.
But, these days of fun and frolic can turn nasty if one forgets to watch out for his/her fitness. The days of eating out, drinking to be merry and relaxing on a cozy couch with a good book can make you go out of shape quickly.
To ensure that holidays remain a fun memory and not a fat memory, we list out few easy ways to stay in shape while you travel.
- Let’s start with basic. All that dancing and frolicking can dehydrate you. Drink plenty of water and other fluids to ensure that you do not tax your bodily fluids. Sure, holidays are for relaxation and rejuvenation. But, do make sure that you get up on time and maintain a regular routine.
- If you are taking a flight: While waiting to board your aircraft, you can take a hike to a nearby terminal or simply stroll through the lines of cafeterias and shops at the airport. Walking is never bad (and yes, do not miss your plane!)
- While in aircraft, take small strolls through the cabin, eat healthy food, drink lots of water and ensure that you stretch and stand for a while after regular intervals.3. In case you are in a train: Trains are the best mode of transportation which are also, excellent places to work out. Long walks in the train will make you burn the extra fat and will help you stay in shape.
- On road: If only hitch hiking was safer, you would have walked great stretches! While on the road, take small breaks, get out of the car and stretch yourself. If you are in a bus, make sure that you stand up at regular intervals and eat low calorie food at the dhabas/ restaurants.
- At your holiday destination: Once you reach your dreamy place of solitude, do not indulge in anything excessive.
- Almost every hotel or resort has a gym. Use it.
- Shove away the chocolate bars and liquor bottles in your room’s refrigerator and stock it with fresh fruits, vegetables and yoghurt.
- Walk or cycle the sigh seeing. That’s the easiest and the best way to remain healthy and learn about the place.
- If your holiday town or hotel has any activity planned, take part in it. Dancing, yoga, aerobics and other forms of physical fitness classes are available at all luxury hotels.
- If they have a pool or you are on a beach, swim!
- Make sure that you make space for at least one active activity on your itinerary.
Lastly and most importantly, don’t exert and remain calm. Plan one activity at a time and do not forget to have fun. After all, that’s why you are there!
About Bhagyashree Pancholy
I am a versatile dynamic figure. I play a lot, scream more and sleep the most. I am reputed to be jumping into ponds to rescue animals, shouting at wood cutters and roaming around town in pajamas. I am an efficient person when it comes to hopping buses and aimlessly wandering.My inspiration in life is the pair of owl which sits on my front yard every night. I believe they protect me from the darkness and any bad omen. Owls are renowned to bring bad luck, but not my front yard owls.
You May Also Like